Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) processes
This section describes our business’s approach to the management of complaints and the framework within the business that supports such claims should they arise.
Our IDR process is aligned with our membership of the EDR scheme which is:
Credit Services Ombudsman Limited (COSL)
We adopt the definition of ‘complaint’ in AS ISO 10002-2006, namely ‘an expression of dissatisfaction made to an organisation, related to its products or services, or the complaints handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected’. This means we will treat informal complaints seriously and refer them to IDR unless they are resolved by the end of the next business day.
Complaints can be lodged by contacting Andrew McBay, the Complaints Officer by:
- telephoning 1300 857 520
- e-mailing Andrew@themoneyroom.com.au
- writing to –
- Complaints Officer
The Money Room
PO Box 1858
Osborne Park DC WA 6916
- Complaints Officer
- Or, by speaking to any representative of our business who will refer complainants to the Complaints Officer. All staff and associates are familiar with our complaints policy, which forms part of our induction into the business.
Timeframes for resolution of complaints
Complainants will be:
- treated with respect and provided with all documentation and evidence in support of their concerns;
- informed of the complaints handling process, including the avenues for further review of decisions such as an External Dispute Resolution Scheme (EDRS); and
- informed of decisions and the reasons for those decisions.
The Complaints Officer will review the complaint carefully and promptly, taking such steps and reviewing such documents as a reasonable person would do. Responding to complaints within appropriate time limits and referring unresolved complaints to an EDR scheme the Complaints Officer will provide a written ‘final response’ to the complainant within 45 days which states:
- the final outcome of the dispute at IDR
- the right to take their dispute to EDR (no matter what the result of the investigation was at IDR)
- the name and contact details of our EDR scheme.
- If the Complaints Officer is unable to give a final response within the specified period, the Complaints Officer will, before the end of the period:
- inform the complainant of the reasons for the delay
- advise the complainant of their right to complain to EDR
- provide the complainant with the name and contact details of our EDR scheme.
Complaints resolution (under 1 business day)
Where a complaint or dispute is resolved to the customer’s satisfaction by the end of the next business day from when the complaint or dispute was received, we will not be required to apply the full IDR process with respect to capturing and recording the complaint or dispute and providing a final response on resolution of the complaint.